Sunday, May 9, 2010

Maternity Leave! Happy Mother's Day!

Let me begin by saying how excited I am about maternity leave. I truly love my career, but this is the first time since I graduated college in 2004 that I have been off work except for vacation. Of course, the first thing I wanted to do was finish Take Three by Karen Kingsbury...If you don't read her books, you're missing out! I've read 17 of her collection, but there's plenty I need to catch up on! I have so much I want to do while I'm off, but unfortunately I can't do that much. As most of you know, the last few weeks can be trying...I cannot get comfortable. I toss and turn and usually feel less exhausted if I just get out of bed..3am. it doesn't matter. With all that said, I'm just ready for her to be here. I know I won't be sleeping after either, but at least I will have her here! I will officially be 38 weeks on Tuesday. At my last appointment, her estimated weight was 6lbs 7ounces. I would love to have her this week...then maybe she would be around 7lbs to 71/2 lbs. I know God will have her here when she's ready (I just pray that's soon!) Someone told Derrick at Church this morning that if I don't drink anything...the dehydration sends you into labour everytime...so of course he know thinks I'm drinking too much water...lol.

Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom! I'm so thankful to have a mom who has instilled Christian values throughout the years and is always there for me! Thanks mom. I can't wait for you to meet Anniston soon! I did receive my first mother's day/mother's to be cards...They were so precious. To all my friends that are mom's or mother's to be ...Happy Mother's Day to you too! I have some updated preggo pics ..I plan to scan in later this week.

Who knows...maybe I will be posting baby pics this week!!! Please keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment